Booking Terms and Conditions
The Guest, who signifies his acceptance of this booking, does so, on behalf of himself and the persons under his authority, which means that all are bound by the booking conditions as if they had individually made the application themselves. The bookings are made with Little Oak Cottage, and no person has any authority on its behalf to vary any of the terms and conditions, which are applicable. All legal disputes will be settled in a South African Court of Law.
The following cancellation fee applies to the full value of the booking:
- The 50% Deposit paid on confirmation is non-refundable.
- The balance of the outstanding amount is due no later than 7 days prior to the Client’s booking date.
- Should the booking take place within 7 days of the Client’s booking date, the full amount is due immediately on receipt of the Invoice.
- Cancellations between 30 and 14 days of the Client’s booking date will receive 50% of the 50% final payment as a refund.
- Cancellations of 14 days or less of the Client’s booking date will not be refunded.
- In the event of cancellation by the client Little Oak Cottage will not accept any claims of any nature including consequential damages as a result of any accommodation or other services made or becoming unavailable against this booking. The Client hereby indemnifies and holds Little Oak Cottage harmless in respect of any such claim.
- If the booking is cancelled by Little Oak Cottage all monies received will be refunded in full.
Low Season (weekdays) – R1 380 per day
Low Season (weekends) – R1 680 per day
High Season (week days and weekends) – R1 980 per day
Greyton Festival Weekends (Greyton Creative, Greyton Classics, Greyton MTB, Greyton Rose Festival, Greyton Art weekend) – minimum stay 2 nights
16 December 2022 – 10 January 2023 (Peak Season) – minimum stay 5 nights
- 10% discount on bookings of 5 days and more – excludes the Festive Holiday Period.
- R150 Pet Levy Charged per pet, per stay.
- Cottage Cleaning at R200 per day – where required.
- Children under 12 extra cost R250 per day – for lounge sofa or additional mattress (includes a duvet, fitted sheet, pillow, towel, and a blanket and breakfast)
- Additional guests over 12 pay R650 extra
- Firewood – R60 per basket
- Picnic Hampers – 12-hour notice please – R400 per basket – includes 2 bottles of water, 2 sandwiches, cheese, pesto and crackers, biltong or droe wors, fruit and a flask of tea or coffee. **Can be setup in a special spot as a surprise. Wine extra
- Sundowner Surprise – 12 hr notice please. Set up on one of many favourite hill spots with fabulous views – Cheese and wine R400 **Champagne extra
All accommodation is strictly subject to availability at all times.
- Guests swim at their own risk and Little Oak Cottage will not be responsible for any injuries while using the cottage facilities.
- No glass bottles or glasses are allowed in or directly around the swimming pool.
- Pool users are requested to maintain decorum at all times.
- Children to be supervised at all times.
- Our neighbours are residents and noise levels should be at an acceptable level.
- Parties are not allowed
Theft and Loss
All baggage and personal effects are at all times at the Clients risk and Little Oak Cottage cannot accept any liability for any loss of baggage or personal effects.
Liability and Responsibility
- Little Oak Cottage does not hold itself responsible for a death, injury or loss, which may occur.
- All vehicles are parked at Little Oak Cottage at own risk.
- Use of the swimming pool is
Little Oak Cottage shall not be liable for a failure to perform any of its obligations insofar as it proves:-
That the failure was due to an impediment beyond its control;
- That it could not reasonably be expected to have taken the impediment and its effects upon its ability to perform, into account at the time of the conclusion of this Agreement; and
- That it could not reasonably have avoided or overcome the impediment or at least its effects.
- An impediment, as aforesaid may result from events such as the following (this enumeration not being exhaustive):-
- War, whether declared or not, civil war, civil violence, riots and revolutions, acts of sabotage;
- Natural disasters such as violent storms, cyclones, earthquakes, tidal waves, floods, destruction by lightning and fire;
- Explosions, fires, destruction of machines, factories and any kind of installations;
- Boycotts, strikes and lock-outs of all kinds, go-slows, occupations of factories and premises and work stoppages;
- Acts of authority, whether lawful and unlawful.
In the event that Little Oak Cottage invokes force majeure, it shall use its best endeavours to terminate the circumstances giving rise to force majeure and upon the termination of these circumstances giving rise thereto, shall forthwith give written notice thereof to the Guest.
In the event that Little Oak Cottage invokes force majeure, it shall not be liable to provide a refund. Any refunds will be at the goodwill and discretion of the Company and cannot be guaranteed.
Little Oak Cottage cannot be held liable for non-performance due to Force Majeure.
Little Oak Cottage reserves the right to:
- Modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
- Change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
- We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
Little Oak Cottage
P O Box 217, Greyton, Western Cape, South Africa, 7129
Contact – Charmane Johnston +27 83 652 5489
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org